Network Topology Type
Network topology is a planned description of networking, connecting different nodes (senders and receivers) through lines of connections.
Bus topology is a network type that is connected to a single cable for each computer and network device. When it has exactly two points, then it is called linear bus topology.
Features of Bus Topology
- It only sends information from one direction to another.
- Each device is attached to a single cable
Benefits of Bus Topology
- It is cost effective.
- Required less than other network topologies only required.
- Used in small networks.
- It is easy to understand.
- Easy to extend joining two cables together.
The disadvantages of bus topology
- The failure of the entire network only fails.
- If the network traffic is heavy or the nodes are high then the network is reduced.
- There is only a limited length.
4. It is slower than ring topology.
This is called ring topology because it forms a ring because each computer is connected to another computer, immediately connected to the first. Just two neighbors for each device.
The characteristics of ring topology
- The number of rippers is used in ring topology with several nodes, because if someone wants to send some information to the last node in the ring topology with 100 nodes, the data will reach 100 nodes in 99 nodes so that the network is used to prevent data loss Is done.
- Transmission unidirectional, but it can be bipartisan by connecting between each network node, it is known as Dual Ring Topology.
- In the Dual Ring Topology, two ring networks are formed, and the data flow is on the opposite side of them. Also, if a ring fails, the second ring may work as a backup, so that the network can be upgraded.
- Data is bits by bit which is transferred in a sequential manner. Transmitter data, to the destination node, the network has to pass through each node.
Benefits of Ring Topology
- Transmission network is not affected by high traffic or adds more nodes, because only token nodes can transmit data.
Install and extend 2. cheap
The difficulty of ring topology
It is difficult to solve problems in ring topology.
- Computer disturbs or deletes network activity disturbed.
3. The failure of a computer to disrupt the entire network.
All computers in this type of topology are connected to a single hub through a cable. This hub central node and all other nodes are associated with central nodes
Characteristics of Star Topology
1. The hub of each node has its own dedicated connection.
2. Hub work as a reproduction for data flow.
3. Can be used with twisted pair, optical fiber or coaxial cable.
Benefits of Star Topology
1. Fast functionality with few nodes and fewer network traffic.
2. Hub can be easily upgraded.
3. Easy to solve the problem.
4. Easy to setup and change.
5. Just the node that failed, which failed, the rest of the knocks could work smoothly.
The disadvantage of star topology
1. Installation costs are high.
2. Use expensive
3. If the hub fails then the entire network is closed because all the nodes rely on the hub.
4. Performance is based on the hub, depending on its ability